1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you help me with errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Cherilyn, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Cherilyn

Cherilyn Guest

Ok, I've read, printed the guides, backed up probably 100 movies but I am still having trouble figuring out the DVD Decrypter. I usually use DVD Shrink or Nero but sometimes I have to use Decrypter. I don't know why I am getting errors for one movie in particular, it's MY back-up of it. I LOVE this website and have learned a lot, been dealing with computers most of my life but yet sometimes the jargon on here goes over my head, anyone willing to give me a crash course? Thanks ahead - Cherilyn

2. hardcandy

hardcandy Guest

What errors?

3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I assume you have the lastest version of DVD Decrypter. You are having trouble with your copy or making a copy? Have you changed the blank media you are using? What movie are you trying to copy?

4. fifty

fifty Member

What error are you getting? What disk are you backing up? Decrypter is a little daunting at first, but it gets easier. The only two things you really need are:

To read Mode>ISO Read

Select the appropriate destination and Viola, you've got backed up DVD files on your harddrive.

You can then go to Mode>ISO Write or you can open the ISO file with DVD shrink.

5. Cherilyn

Cherilyn Guest

I got some I/O errors, sorry I know I should be more specific but I'm tired today and will work on it more tomorrow. It was MY back-up I was using, not the original, Sony media. It was Surviving Christmas that I am trying to copy. I had a problem with Resident Evil 2 before but got around it.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Back-ups are already decrypted and encoded, all they need to be copied is a copy utility from a recording suite (that is if the source and target are the same size. DVD9 to DVD5 requires encoding).

If you read on the forum, RE2 and some others have unreadable sector encryption. v3.5.2.0 DVD Decrypter and the latest AnyDVD handle the problem well.

7. Cherilyn

Cherilyn Guest

I've tried everything, every program I have. I've made a lot of backups and copied from copy to copy and copied from originals and this is the first one that is being so difficult. Do you think I just have a bad "copy" that I am trying to back up?

8. Willmatic

Willmatic Guest

When I have a problem copying a backup what I try is using Decrypter in iso-read mode and then iso-write. I've been able to copy quite a few problematic backups in this manner but there's always that one corrupted disc that just refuses to be duplicated.

9. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

do you have any other dvd buring programs?

[​IMG]

10. Cherilyn

Cherilyn Guest

I have Nero, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and something called Volblanker?

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like time to make a new backup copy.

12. Cherilyn

Cherilyn Guest

I think I'll have to do that, could have done it by now with all the time I wasted but if you knew me you'd know I had to try to figure it out instead, lol.

Like your Brother Bear graphic!

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Thank you, I've used the bear avatar for some time.

BTW, I know what you mean. Sometimes the fun is in the challenge of figuring out the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005