1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Make A Backup From A Backup ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by EviLAnGeL, May 18, 2003.

1. EviLAnGeL

EviLAnGeL Guest

I've seen loads and loads of threads on here about how to backup orginals from your XBOX with flashxp and xiso blah blah blah. But what about using your PC to make a straightforward backup of a game you have already backed up. Will a PC drive recognise DVD-R game or am I just being stupid. Sorry in advance if I am.

2. prelude99

prelude99 Member

yes you can make a backup of a backup. no your computer will not recognize the dvd-r since it is not in a format in which a pc understands

3. EviLAnGeL

EviLAnGeL Guest

Hang on I'm confused now. You say you can make a backup from a backup but the PC cannot recognise DVD-R. If it can't recognise DVD-R (which the backup is on) then I'm gunna have to put it in the XBOX to read it just like original. I didn't want to do that. Which one is it ? DVD-R backup to DVD-R on the fly in the PC or in the XBOX ftp to the PC and only that no matter whether it's original or backup. If I can do it on the fly which program do I need to do that?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2003
  4. prelude99

prelude99 Member

in order to make a backup of any game you have to ftp into the xbox. as far as i know this is the only way of backing up a game

5. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

You can backup a backed - up xbox game by using nero or whatever you like to use.