1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you not just use a prog like DVD Decrypter to make xbox backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by stuart72, Sep 28, 2004.

1. stuart72

stuart72 Member

I looked at the guide which is stickied and it says you have to ftp etc, stuff i really dont know much about.

Can you not just make standard backups like you do with ps2 and then play them on your modded xbox?

2. scottas

scottas Guest

Unfortunately no, the xbox games are written in a format that a pc can't read. You can either mod your xbox and 1. install a larger hdd and backup the games directly to it. or 2.mod your xbox and then access it by means of ftp to read the info on the original game disk, create an iso of the files, then use nero or the like to burn the image to dvd media. Guides for this are posted throughout these forums, at xbox-scene.com and many other places.

3. stuart72

stuart72 Member

Man this sounds complicated.

What about games from suprnova, would they be fine to copy?

Also, on xbreporter i saw there is some dvdwizard copier thing?

Also, if i stored a game in my hd could i go on live that way without having the proper disc in?

4. debs182

debs182 Member

If you're downloading a game from say suprnova, it's best to just open it with nero and burn straight to a dvd-r. BUT personally, if you're going to download games, the best place to go is torrentbits.org as i've never had problems with any sort of files from there, suprnova is ok but i've had a few bad files off there.