1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you play 3D movies on PS3

Discussion in '3D TV' started by lil_209, Jan 4, 2011.

1. lil_209

lil_209 Member

is this possible? what about on a xbox 360? my uncle has a 3d tv but the movies are to expinsive. i know you can download 3d movies but how can you watch it? i dont have a ps3 but can you play .mkv on a ps3? what about a 360? i dont have that either so i wouldn't know. whats an alternative to watch 3d movies?

i was thinking of just downloading a 3d movie and watching it on a laptop using a hdmi cord connected to the 3d tv. will this work? will the 3d effect work?

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

The Xbox 360 plays 3D games, but will not play 3D movies because it lacks a blu-ray drive, which unfortunately is the only format 3D and HD is shown on. Even if it is possible to play through an external HDD connected to the 360, it will be a very tedious task getting it to play on the 360, mainly because it doesn't support MKV and blu-ray files. Your laptop should be able to output. I'm not too sure if your laptop has to have an HDMI 1.4 output, because I know the 360 can output 3D over HDMI 1.3, but it might be different for some laptops. What laptop do you have?

3. JVC

JVC Active member

The newest firmware update for the ps3 gave it 3D capability, but you won't get the HD audio on ps3 while watching a 3D movie. You also need the polarized 3D glasses to watch 3D movies. Not the red and blue lens glasses from the past. The polarized 3D glasses are about $300 for two pair.