1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you run xbox .iso on pc???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by GHobo, Feb 28, 2010.

1. GHobo

GHobo Member

I sold my xbox but I still have some of the games. I know you can make them run on pc do you just get the .iso and mount it and run it or what do you have to do? Can someone please tell me how to make them run on PC????

2. Dabeach09

Dabeach09 Member

if its a xbox game iso. i do not believe there is any way to make that work on a computer. its completely different systems and partitions and ect.

3. eebeejay

eebeejay Active member

GHobo, look at it like this. The PC and Xbox are two different machines that read two different languages. Your Xbox ISOs are not written in a language that your PC can understand, which means your PC needs a seperate program to emulate the Xbox. And there are no emulators for the PC that emulate the Xbox very well.

4. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

hahaha.. 8 years people have been asking this pointless question, and as an xbox used is £10 I really don't understand why people who want to play xbox don't just go and buy one.

the pc can't read an original disk because it is in xiso format (reverse helix) and the file is the same.. it's like a mirror image of a normal disk.

emulators never worked, and the people writing them gave up after realising the coppermine cpu used in the xbox used a custom instruction set which was never published (and probably never will be) making even a simple emulation always a shot in the dark.. I believe the only game ever run on an emulator (badly) was turok.