1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot back up a dvd on my pc , can i use my stand alone dvd recorder to make a copy,,quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdman101, Nov 15, 2007.

1. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

hi ,

i have a 2 dvd set that i bought last week , these are 2 dvd's that was made from vhs tapes . so they are burned dvd+r's , i wanetd to make a backup to perserve the original as i paid a pretty good price for the set , i have tried every program out there -

anydvd
    clone dvd 2
    dvd shrink
    dvd decrypter
    imgburn
    ripit4me
    dvdfab hd decypter - the new one

and i keep getting read error's , always vob file 2 , i believe these dvd's were made on a standalone dvd recorder hooked to a vcr , i also called the guy i got them from and he sent me another set as i thought maybe they were a bad burn and the other set he sent me this week does the same thing . tehse dvd's also have some weird split screen effects he madde also , this is my question , i have a stand alone dvd recorder also that i can hook to my dvd player , can i make a copy of this thru the stand alone dvd recorder from my dvd player , do you think i would get the same results as far as quality would go . thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Did you do a surface scan of the disk with the likes of Nero Tools CD-DVD Speed?
    A read error on a burned disk sounds like a media problem.

If the player has no problem playing the disk (it compensates for minor errors) then it should be possible to connect the output to the recorder.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

dont rip it/them do a copy of a copy 1:1 only...