1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot backup games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sdc1983, Jan 29, 2007.

1. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I've tried this several times with different applications and media but still no luck.
    I'm trying to backup GTA: San Andreas and The Warriors (both Rockstar Games). I create the ISO using Quix as usual and burn with DVD Decryptor but when I put the game in my xbox it wont load. It recognizes that a game disc is in but won't boot it. I've tried using the follow combinations of programs to get this to work but to no avail.
    Qwix + DVD Decryptor
    Qwix + Alcohol 120%
    Qwix + Nero 7
    Craxtion4 + DVD Decryptor
    Craxtion4 + Alcohol 120%
    Craxtion4 + Nero 7

Anyone know any other way to get this done or if there is some modding to the games that needs to be done? Its starting to p!$$ me off a little.

Thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

odd, i have GTA III, Vice City, ad San Andreas for Xbox and all of them worked just fine. I hate to suggest this but you may just want to find and download a copy.

How did you make the ISO.
    FTP folder D: from Xbox, then Craxtion4 to crete the ISO, then burn?
    That is what i would suggest.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  3. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I've backed up over 50 games using the same method:
    1 - Place disc in DVD Drive
    2 - Use Qwix to create ISO directly from the DVD
    3 - Burn ISO using DVD Decryptor @ 1x speed

This always worked in the past but it seems to be with just GTA:SA and Red Dead Revolver. And the funny thing is I burned RDR successfully before but I broke the backup disc by mistake and now when I try to do it again the new disc won't boot.

Also I'm trying to backup The Warriors but its about 5gigs once the ISO is created. Anyone got any ideas how I can edit this title down a bit so it can fit on a standard DVD? Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Also I'm using the same discs I use for pretty much every other game - Verbatium DVD-R

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

all i can tell you for sure is that i have GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas. All of them work fine from the disc and hard drive.
    So there is something in the way they are being copied because mine was a download and i just burned it.
    try burning them at 4X, that is what i have burned mine at.
    I think total i have done about 450-500 games between PS2 and Xbox and have used 8X DVD-R for all of them, burned with DVD Decrypter at 4X

5. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I hear ya. I haven't had any issues with any of my backups besides San Andreas and Red Dead Revolver. I'll try it on a different speed when burning but I'm not sure if that will make any major impact on the disc. I've done well over 50 backups since I got my box modded and this is the first time I ran into this issue.
    Well anyways I'll try again tonight when I get home from work and see if the speeds make a difference. I'll post my results when I get a chance.
    Thanks for the help.

6. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

Is the xbox that your trying to play the games on hardmodded or softmodded?

7. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

soft with evox

8. steimy

steimy Active member

softmodded or a modchip makes no difference in the game playing or not so just ignor that response. You do not happen to have a Rapidshare account, do you?

9. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

Yup, I just signed up the other day.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

well, it just so happens that i have one too. And a working copy of GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.
    This is if you do not find a copy online which would be much faster.
    PM me if you want a few great sites to look at. One of them is bound to have it.

11. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I'm not going to bother downloading a copy of it. I don't need it backed up that bad I just thought it was odd that of all the 50+ games I've been able to backup this one is giving me trouble.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

It is odd for sure. But there may have been some sort of patch needed for that game or something that was already in the downloaded versions.

13. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

This one definately got me thinking thats for sure. A friend of mine was able to backup his copy so I'm going to try his and see if that makes a difference.

14. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

where would I find game patches?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  15. steimy

steimy Active member

i am not saying there is a patch, just that if there were one that an uploaded copy may already have it. If your friend did not need to patch his and it worked then i would say you should be ok.
    Just try playing his copy, if it works then try using DVD Decrypter to take that disc and copy it to another disc. If by chance the copy you make doesn't work in your Xbox then i would say it is your discs or you burner that is causing a problem.

16. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

Yeah I'm planning on trying to copy his but I've ruled out the media and burner being the problem. I've used the same discs and burner for every backup I made and not a single problem until now. I have an LG burner and I've always used Verbatim discs. I'm thinking it might be my copy. I got it when the first day it came out and my friend said he got his sometime last year so maybe it might be a problem with the first release of the game. Unless some else was able to make a copy with the first release, if so then I have no f**king clue what the problem would be lol.

17. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

My suggestions are that you:

-might want to try new media
    -rip the game to your HD with dvd2xbox, then transfer over to your computer. Then make an iso with Craxtion 4, after that burn with dvd decrypter.

18. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I've tried that. I used Sony DVDs last night but that didn't make a difference. I usually use the DVD2XBOX method or I'll use Complex Tools to copy games. I've tried ripping it directly from the D: drive. I've even tried playing the game from HDD, that doesn;t work either. I'm pretty sure I tried every method out there to no avail but thanks though

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007