1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot browse internet, Skype/MSN etc fine. Help?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by RyuuzakiMasato7, Jan 5, 2012.

1. RyuuzakiMasato7

RyuuzakiMasato7 Member

Over the last few days my connection has been acting up. Specifically, every so often, say every 15 minutes or so give or take, I will be unable to connect to any websites at all. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE, all the same error message of unable to connect. I also use Steam and World of Warcraft regularly - these will not connect either. Yet for some reason, my Live Messenger and Skype programs are unaffected - I can talk to people on here just fine. Same goes for my messaging on Steam, and the internet connection for my Xbox 360 stays on Xbox Live just fine too. And my wireless connection status in the taskbar is the same as normal too, 4/5 bars and internet connection.

I've tried everything I can think of - the firewall rules are fine, all programs are allowed. I've also tried releasing/renewing my IP address, and fiddling with the proxy settings in my browsers, no luck. Can anyone help me out?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you tried system restore to before the problem?

3. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Try using a different channel in your wireless.