1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot burn anything,PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cu20me, Feb 23, 2007.

1. cu20me

cu20me Guest

Ive been burning movies for at least a year with the same programs. never had a problem! All of a sudden I cant burn anything (cd's or dvd's). All programs go through the process of decoding ect then when it comes time to burn i get an error message. dvd santa says "UNABLE TO RESERVE TRACKS" nero say's "CANNOT BURN, TRY A DIFFERENT SPEED OR BRAND OF DISC" and windows media player says same as nero. Ive tried everything. Does anyone know what has happend? Help will be very appreciated..

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well at first thoughts I would say you had to have changed something? Did you change the Blank DVD media you are using, and what I mean by that is that are these new discs (even if the same brand)? What brand of discs are you using?
    Have you loaded any new programs recently?

Here are a few things you can try.
    o Try another brand of DVD-/+R or DVD-/+RW media.
    o "Slow down your burning speed".
    o Update the firmware of your recorder. Check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.
    o Check your power connectors, loose connections do occur.
    o Clean or have your DVD burner serviced. There are cleaning kits available. Sometimes just a gentle appplication of canned air can remove dust blocking the laser.

and the last thing which we hope isn't the case Replace the DVD burner.

3. cu20me

cu20me Guest

Im using imitation brand discs, I tried 2 other brands(just cheapies),and I tried every speed. My drive will play dvds and cds, and I can copy dvds and cds onto my computer so Im pretty sure thats working fine. It is the latest version. And no I hav'nt loaded any new programs. We did have a powe spike the other night that blew up my modem, I got a new one and every thing was good until this. What do you think? Im at a total lose as to what I can do??

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are these different discs than you used before?
    Will it burn a CD?

Oh yeah invest in a surge protector and during lightning storms shut down the PC.

:)

5. cu20me

cu20me Guest

All the discs I tried are the same brands that I have always used without a problem.
    My surge protector didnt help, It protects against surges but not spikes (whatever that is?? lol :)
    When I was at the shop getting a new modem the fella said he had already had 89 people come in with the same problem.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I understand that they are the same brand, but are they a different pack of discs? In other words are they the same brand but from a new pack purchased recently?

7. cu20me

cu20me Guest

Oh sorry bout that! Yes they are from the same pack.
    And I forgot to answer your other question, No I cant burn cds.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There might actually be something wrong with your drive from the sound of it.

Can you post a Nero log here of one of the failed burns?

9. cu20me

cu20me Guest

I sat in front of this computer all day today and uninstalled every burning program, then I spent a small fortune and bought some new ones. They work fine. I dont get it (but I dont know much about computers). I have another question though, What programs do you recommend? I need one that will burn avi's that I download. I bought cucusoft today but that just coverts and doesnt burn. I used to use dvd santa for them. I would love a program that will rip protected dvds and burn them and burn my downloaded movies. Does such a thing exsist?

10. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello,

U can use IMGburn(FREE), it can burn both an ISO file, and a Video_ts folder
    Get it here
    Heres HOW to Burn a Video_Ts folder with ImgBurn

Well, RIPit4ME will do the whole process and it uses all Free programs
    heres a GUIDE for it
    Thats the free way, if u want to pay u can get DVDFab Platinum, which i believe does it all too.

For ya AVI DLs u have to convert them first(u know that already), a lot of AD members like ConvertXtoDVD which also can convert and burn, also Nero can convert and burn too, BUT since u bought Cucusoft which only converts u really dont need to buy another one that does both when all u have to do is burn with ImgBurn(free),after u convert them, but its up to u whether u wont to or not.

11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

sounds like you need a new burner, they are cheap

12. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Try Getting rid of the IMATION Blank Media and get some Vebatims.
    Update firmware.
    Then Buy New Burner.

13. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I agree VERBATIMS ! Imatitions are the worst disc made

14. cu20me

cu20me Guest

OK, I think Ive got everything sorted out! Ive got the new discs and the new software and everything is working out great! Thanks so much for everyones help :)

15. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Great! use Verbatim or unless you can find disc made in Japan