1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot burn DVD movies, but can write data and audio to CD and DVD

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Caesura, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Caesura

Caesura Guest

I have a Sony Vaio with CD/DVD/R/RW and have imported a movie from my new Sony mimiDV camera using Serif MoviePlus which created a .avi file and a .mpg file.

I tried to create a movie on VCD using the Serif software and it could not write to the CD. I tried the Microsoft Movie Maker software and ditto. I tried the Serif DVDPlus to create a DVD and it would not write to the DVD, I also tried RealPlayer and it would not create my movie on DVD. Eventually I tried Click-to-DVD and it created a movie on the DVD (but with no sound).

My fairly-up-to-date DVD player cannot recognise the DVD from CLick-to-DVD.

I can write a data and audio CD and DVD using the drive (sony UA-50 1f).

Is there a codec I need or is there some kind of software block so that only (Sony) Click-to-DVD will write a DVD (even without sound)??

Any ideas would be great!!

Thanks much.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I think your Problem is that you have selected Crappy low Quality software to do all of this....

Take the AVI file you Captured from your MiniDV Camcorder and Load it into a Good Mpeg2/DVD encoder Like "Tmpgenc" or the "Mainconcept Encoder" and encode it to a DVD compliant Mpeg2 File...

Now download and Install a DVD authoring program Like "Tmpgenc DVD author" or "DVDLab" and Load the Mpeg2 file into it and add your Menu"s and Chapters and Burn the DVD and it should Play no problem..

I have Literally over a Thousand Movies on DVD and Not one of them has turned out to Be a Dud and all Play great ,you just have to First understand the DVD Standards(Resolutions,frame Rates, audio formats supported By the DVD Standard) and you have to understand the File structure of a DVD so you can properly Create a DVD that will Play properly in your DVD Player and you have to use Quality software as all of the Programs you mentioned are Low Quality Bottom of the Barel Crapware.....

Cheers

3. Caesura

Caesura Guest

Ok, thanks for that info I shall try the software you mention.

It must be the Serif software, I'll also try using the supplied software with my laptop directly (Click-to-DVD and the Microsoft thing) - at least that should work with the hardware provided.

Shouldn't it? :)