1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot burn DvDs since fresh installation of Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by KingArch, Jun 15, 2007.

1. KingArch

KingArch Member

Hi, hope you can help me with this problem.

when burning a dvd, which most are around 700mb, it creates the menus and transcodes the streams, but then says something along the lines of the video cannot fit on the disc and that i need a bigger disc? i mean wtf?

How i burn now is how i always used to burn DvDs, and as i said it is now a fresh install of Nero 7.

Thanks, hope to hear back from you lot :)

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi.

Are you using Nerovision?
    Are you converting AVIs to be DVD compliant?
    Are you sure the target size isn't set to DVD9 and you're trying to burn to DVD5?
    If you're trying to burn a 700mb CD, I think it has to be Mode 2 IIRC. I don't burn VCDs so I don't remember for sure.

3. KingArch

KingArch Member

Yes i am using nero vision 4
    The file typ ie Avi file i just clike on make your own DvD video and add files, nothing more
    i am a total noob with nero and have no idea whether it isset to DVD9 or DVD5
    and i have no idea how to do what u said in yout last point.

possible step by step instructions? :p

Thanks

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

On the Content window of Nerovision where the titles to be included are listed, at the bottom is a line showing the current space taken up. It should end with a 4.0GB label for a regular DVD5. There is also a dropdown menu to the right of the line with the choices DVD, DVD1, and DVD9. You'll want DVD for a single layer normal DVD. You're project can't go beyond the lat mark on the line. Click the More>> button and then the DVD-Video tab. Under transcoding quality, the quality setting should be "Automatic - Fit To Disk".

5. geentijd

geentijd Member

I can't burn either, because transcoding of video's failed
    how can I solve this problem?

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi geentijd.

Start a new thread in the Nero forum with your problem and post your Nero History log for the attempt if you have it. This will maximize your chances of getting a solution to your problem. I'm the only one likely monitoring this particular thread for a different Nero problem. I'll be glad to help in the new thread as will others.