1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Burn

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sadiesun, Sep 2, 2004.

1. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

I have a few DivX and XVid .avi files which I am trying to convert into DVD format then burn onto a DVD.
    I have converted the files using WinAvi, and all sems OK as I am able to watch the converted files on my laptop using the DVD playing software.
    It is when I try and burn the files that I have problems. I am using a fully up to date Nero 6 and when I try and burn the files I am able to get as far as 'creating menus and transcoding streams' but the process freezes when Nero tries to physically burn onto the disc.
    I have noticed that the region is not set on the DVD Drive and it will not let me set it at region 2 either, also I am doing the burning on a different PC to the one I am doing the converting and i am not sure if all the same codecs are installed, would it matter if the audio codecs were not installed on the burning PC.
    The DVD drive is Sony DVD RW DRU-700a.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The first thing i noticed is that you are Useing WinAVI converter to Convert the XviD Files to Mpeg2 for DVD and then Useing Nero vision Express which also Encodes the Files which is not needed and actually ruins the Quality....

If you have allready encoded the AVI files to Mpeg2 with WinAVI converter then the Files are allready in the Correct Format for DVD..."Nero Vision Express" will ALLWAYS re-encode your Files even if the Files are allready 100% DVD compliant which Totally Ruins the Quality ..Vision Express is seriously one of the worst DVD authoring programs there is...

You should use a Real DVD authoring program that will Not re-encode your Allready DVD Compliant Mpeg2 files, I suggest you try "DVDLab" ,It has awesome Menu features and will Never re-encode your Mpeg2 files and it will Only take about 30 minutes to go from your Mpeg2 files to a Finnished DVD....

You can download a Fully working 30 day demo version over at :http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/

Cheers

3. sadiesun

sadiesun Member

That really is excellent info, thanks a lot minion, will try that shortly.