1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Change Windows Resolution or Figure out Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Palko17, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Palko17

Palko17 Member

I have searched, honestly all day and yesterday, and I am hoping that you will be able to help me. Thanks for any valid advice.

Here is my problem, I have a desktop in my room which I recently installed Windows XP MCE 2005 on. I cannot figure out my graphics card, and I cannot automatically find it using Windows because it is not connected to the internet. I cannot change my resolution from 800 x 600 or change my color to more than 4 bit. I also cannot install a new driver or update my current driver because, like I said, cannot figure out what drive I would need. Is there a basic driver update that would take care of it? Is there no way around this? Any response would be greatly appreciated, thank-you!

2. Palko17

Palko17 Member

I solved my problem. If you are having trouble discovering your PC's drivers, find the Product # (should be on the PC somewhere) then go to the company's website and it may list them for you. Compaq does it, I didn't test others, but it is a useful feature and I would expect they do. It may also be included in your user manual. Never the less, thanks for listening. I hope to return with more problems ^_^

3. vsclassic

vsclassic Member

Go to your device manager. Are there missing drivers?