1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot connect ipod touch to wifi

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by richmn605, Jan 22, 2011.

1. richmn605

richmn605 Member

We got a brand new laptop for christmas. Right after hooking the computer up I cannot get my ipod touch to connect to the internet. It was working fine until the new computer was set up. For some reason when it asks me for the password for the new computer network and I type it in it says dismiss. Do I have to change any settings in the computer to get this working or do I have to buy a new router so the ipod can read it. When I go to wifi on the ipod it shows our wifi name but there is a lock next to it and then it will ask for a password. I tried every password that I can think of and it says dismiss and cannot connect. Any help appretiated.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

there are some wifi routers that only allow a limited amount of wireless devices connected at the same time, so if you have the laptop a game console a media player of some surd, all those connected to the wireless network it might be you run out of of spots, another thing you can check if is to make sure that your wifi security to be wpa2 personal on the router, psk. i hope that will help.