1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot convert DivX movie

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jatkins, Sep 29, 2004.

1. jatkins

jatkins Member

I downloaded a DivX movie (paid for) and can play it without problem in the standard DivX Networks Player version 2.5.4 on the PC.

I'd like to convert the movie to a DVD-R (or DVD+R) so I can play it in my DVD player which does not support DivX.

If I try to open or play the movie in anything except DivX Player 2.54, I just see a mess of color, although the audio sounds fine.

If I run AVIcodec it shows the following details:

File : 734 MB (724 MB), duration: 1:51:56, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 46 %

Video : 647 MB, 808 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 512*384 (4:3), DX50 = DivXNetworks Divx v5, Supported

Audio : 76 MB, 96 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I've tried opening the file in TMPGEnc, VirtualDub etc but they all show a mess of color. I have the latest DivX official codec and have installed ffdshow.

Can anyone help or advise me?

John.

2. jatkins

jatkins Member

Oops! I just read the terms and conditions and I think I may have violated them with my question. I wasn't trying to do anything illegal, I just want to play a DivX movie in my dvd player. I know nothing about DivX protection and wasn't trying to get around it. If my question is not allowed, could the moderator delete it and accept my apologies.

John.