1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot copy some files from /c on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by superwalr, Dec 19, 2009.

1. superwalr

superwalr Member

Hello,

Running into a slight problem here when trying to upgrade the HDD on my xbox. I am running UnleashX with evox as an app on it. I am trying to upgrade to a 120 gig HDD but am running into a problem. When I try and transfer the files from /c to my PC not all of the files will transfer. I have tried using multiple ftp programs and I still run into the same problem. The weird thing is that the ftp program doesn't say why the files will not transfer, just that the connection is closed and the transfer failed.

At first I thought all of the important files had transferred and I made a boot disk with the eeprom on it and actually got to locking a HDD but it didn't work. Now I realize that I need to copy all of the /c files. I have tried many different ways of Googling this problem but can't get any hits.

Thanks in advance

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

dunno.. interesting problem

look in the stickies for the "cheaters C" files and replace the ones you are missing with them..

I never saw anything like that but it's probably something like a typical windoze stupidity "file in use" error or an ownership matter.

3. superwalr

superwalr Member

Thanks, I am assuming it was a file in use issue but I couldn't figure it out. I ended up just booting up into ndure and backing up that way and then ftping over the files on the backup directory.

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

I didn't think of that.. but I don't trust softmods with anything but stock drives.

As it's not a problem I have ever encountered why not have a look with a quality ftp application of the actual permissions and ownership of the files on your C. They should be xbox:xbox ..

which ones refused to transfer?

5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Most of the time if you're ftping your C contents to back them up the main dash files and theme won't be able to transfer. It's not really a problem though. If you're looking for a solution then load an exploit then ftp. Since the exploit is running from E:/udata you should be able to do anything you want with your C:

Remember all you need from your previous hdd is your eeprom and maybe your saves from udata and tdata

You can easily download everything else.

I remade my cheater files and stuck them in my sig if you want to use them ..... it's self explanatory.

6. superwalr

superwalr Member

Thanks for the help. Your cheater c files worked great, I'm a fan of the dashboard you have loaded on there, I was using UnleashX previously. Now I have a 120 gig HDD in there and loading all my roms back in.

Thanks

7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Yeah avalaunch has the best layout that you can change and do whatever you want with. It's also really easy to make skins for.

If you want to load the ms dash you need to either edit the xml file because i missed the x in xbdashx1.xbe. You can also access it though the file manager though.

If you have problems with n64 roms just put them in a folder then go in the folder and select all the files. Then you can right click and zip them all. Once they are zipped ftp them to your xbox (zip folders need to be under a gig). Then when it's on your xbox just select it using the file manager and it will unzip them, then just delete the zip file and rename the file you unzipped them in. I've gotten every n64 game to work using this trick.

Just remember not to zip the folder they're in but make a new zip file with all your roms selected. This way when you unzip they won't be in another folder (this saves time if your folders are almost a gig).