1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot create image of original cd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Jontix, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Jontix

Jontix Member

I have the original 3 cd set of tiger woods 2003 for PC. I'm trying to make isos of the cds, but I'm getting many read errors in both CDR Win and Alcohol, although the cds work fine in every other respect. I'm assuming this is due to some copy protection. I've never burned an image before. Is there anyway to get around this?

2. Jontix

Jontix Member

I've since found out that this game is using Safedisc 2.8010 as its copy protection. I've tried various programs to write an image, including the latest versions of Clone CD and Blindwrite, but nothing works. Clonyxxl give this a "9/10 skull" rating. Any help would be appreciated...

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Try setting 'Datatype=Safedisc v2' in the image creating Wizard of last version of Alcohol. If it does not work, the problem is due to either:
    - bad hardware (your CD-reader has not the funtionalities to read such protected Cds)
    - protection too advanced for the last version of Alcohol

4. Jontix

Jontix Member

Thx for your help m8, but still doesn't work. I think it's likely that copy protection is too advanced for the software, as both cd drives are pretty new. Giving up for the moment.

Cheers
    J