1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot find my two Seagate Hard Drives on my computer!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by titosal, Feb 23, 2005.

1. titosal

titosal Member

Can someone help me. I cannot find my two Seagate Hard Drives in my PC, after messing around with Partition Magic 8.0 to make a Raid Array 1. Cannot even install any operation system, PC cannot recognize the Drives, I e-mailed Asus for help, but they take so long in answering. With all the knowledgeable computer people at Afterdawn someone would be able to help me. I try Seagate, too. No luck. I try Afterdawn search, nothing. Thank you in advance.

2. satishcse

satishcse Guest

If i am not wrong you have two seperate harddisks of segate in your computer.First go to BIOS and check whether both the harddisks are being detected by the BIOS program and make sure that one is Master and the other is Slave or else one can be Primary Master and the other can be Secondary Master.First check this and post it in this forum.

3. titosal

titosal Member

Satishcse - Thanks for answering, I toke out one Seagate drive, I made sure that I placed the jumper as Master and no Slave, the secondary master I used for my cd-rom But the Bios or PC still would not recognize the Hard Drive. So I can install an operating system. If I can place an operating system, I will be able to make my Raid array 1. I was messing around with the Norton Partition Magic 8.0. I must have done something which I should have not done. Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

are you sure u didnt delete your existing partitions on the hard drives..???

6. titosal

titosal Member

Thanks to ddp, Jaydeex3 and to satishcse for their useful informations and most of all trying to help. I found out where I made the mistakes, I used the Disk Wizard, from Seagate (which is free), a utility, for partitioning and formating Hard Drives. After I used the Partition Magic 8.0 which mess it up, after installing the operation system. I just mail the Hard Drive to them this morning w/c has a five year warrenty. They don't even ask anything, once they rec'd it they sent another rebuild one by couier. What a Co. Thanks, again to everybody.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn

8. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

thats what these forums are here for...