1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot find proper divx codec

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Skind, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Skind

Skind Member

ive done some searching and from the reading i think ive done what i can prior to posting.
    problem is i get that message when trying to use CCE ,any version.i dont have any problems with divix format avi or regualr avi using something like divx2dvd or xillisoft just CCE. im trying the program for the output video quailty.
    i did update to the latest FFDshow and run avicodec.
    avicodec says the file im trying to convert requires
    Opendivx v4,FFDshow appears to have all divx codec enabled specifically a divx4,still no luck?

i have no problems playing any video type,its this 1 particular instance of conversion with CCE
    TIA:)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You need to enable DIVX in ffdshows VFW decoder config, not just the regular decoder config. Also the 2004-10-12 version if I recall corectly did not install the VFW codec correctly, so if you are running that version then that could be the problem. Newer versions aren't effected or you can manually change the vidc.ffds entry from program files to progra~1.

3. Skind

Skind Member

TY. of course that took care of it.