1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot find right format.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Glenn_, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Glenn_

Glenn_ Member

I am trying to play my mpeg movies that are modified by tmpgenc on my Pioneer dvd player, but when I try to play it cannot detect the file. MPEG-1 Video 352x240 29,97fps 1152 kbps. the audio file is mpg1-L2. I tried to modifie it to Video-CD PAL (MPEG-1 352x288 25fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps) but that did not work. The problem is my dvd is a european one. Which option do I want, and what file should I burn finally. tnx in advandce. Btw I tried the test cd.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Pioneer plays VCDs, that's almost 105% certain -- one reason why I tend to recommend the brand.

Have you followed our guide creating VCDs and then also -- very important -- how to burn them? Both guides, as well as bunch of others, are available at our articles section.

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

you need to burn the mpg file to a vcd format you canot just burn it as a data cd ...
    it must be done in a vcd format so your dvd player knows what to look for in a vcd the video file is mpg but it has a .dat extension.