1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot get backups to burn playable disks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emt3920, Feb 15, 2007.

1. emt3920

emt3920 Member

I have been making backups of my dvds with ripitforme and burning using nero and my NEC DVD_RW ND_2510A USB external drive for months now. All of a sudden every DVD I try to write comes out jerking all over the place when I try to play the disk.I am using Taiyo Yuden DVD+R8X disks.I tried to backup "The Marine" and "Gridiron Gang". The Marine only jerked in a few places but Gridiron Gang jerked all the way through. I downloaded a new copy of Fixvts and dvdshrink and burned again to no avail. I also burned with internet connection disconnected and all virus and antispyware turned off. Still no luck. My computer has an AMD Sempron Processor 3000. Anybody have any idea why I am suddenly getting bad burns? I used Nero to burn the dvds.
    When I play the .vob files I have on my HDD with VLC Player they play fine. When I play "Gridiron Gang" with the GOM player the .vobs play but with no sound. "The Marine" played in the GOM player jerked .

I tried to burn using Imation DVD-RW discs. The result was the same.
    '

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

How many process do you have running in the background while burning or backing up your DVD?

Are you saying these movies play fine from the hard drive or not?

Check your USB drivers and make sure they are running in "Enhanced mode" check this under Device Manager if they arent un-install them and reboot your system this should load them back correctly when windows re-starts.

You could also try burning with ImageBurn and burn at a slow speed like under x4.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Get some Verbatim disc or disc made in Japan

4. emt3920

emt3920 Member

Task Manager says I have 39 processes running. I tried turning off antispyware, Zone alarm pro and Avg free when I burned the second time but that did not make any difference in what I got.
    I am saying that the .vob file played from the HDD using VLC player and it did not jerk. I only tried playing the first .vob because that is where the movie jerked when I played it in my DVD player.
    In Device Mgr. there are 12 items under "Universal serial bus controllers". Item #8 says VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller. Nothing else says enhanced.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you have TY discs then that surely isn't the problem.

Try this Sloooooooooooow down your burning speed.

Let us know how that works?

Cheers

6. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

4x or 8x only on speed