1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot get chip to load

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ckinc90, Aug 25, 2004.

1. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

I installed my chip correctly. i solder it to the board along with the D0 and the eject and power button was solered to the board.

I cannot get it to recognized when XBOX boot up. The chip has been flashed. The reason why i know is because the chip works great in my other v1.0 xbox but this xbox which is v1.0 will not recongize the chip. It boots with the regular microsoft screen.

Please help me if you can. Thanks is advance.

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Try flashing it again while it is in this xbox. This may help you.

Also go over the do point and others points with a magnifiying glass so you know you have a good connection on them.

3. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

I have a moded xbox and I have another xbox same version 1.0 that is not moded. I took the chip and my upgraded hard drive out of my moded xbox and installed it in my unmoded xbox and when i turn on the xbox the microsoft screen comes up instead of the matrix screen. I took the chip and hard drive out and installed it back into my other xbox and it works great. So what did I do wrong? I rechecked and resoldered all my points and the chip still won't boot up.

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Keep the stock hard drive in the unmodded xbox and put your chip in in. Then once you have that up and running replace the hard drive and let slayers format it. Then it should be all set to go.

5. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

Ok I will try that once i get home. So when I put my chip in the unmodded xbox and the original hard drive should i make a dashboard cd for the xbox?

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Ye you should find slayers auto installer, create the iso on a dvd-r or cd-rw and put it in when you have put the chip in.

7. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

I will do that whenb I make it home. I thought that since my chip has already been working on my other xbox then it should work on my new xbox as long as i install the modded xbox hard drive from my old xbox. Hey thanks for helping me. I will do what you said when i make it home. Can you check back here in about 5 hours? That's how long it's going to be before I can get everything loaded. Thanks again....

8. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

I installed the orginial unmodded hard drive along with slayers program and it still comes up with the microsoft screen and it says your xbox can't recognize this disc. i used a dvd rw and the dvd drive in my xbox is a thomson. should i switch dvd drives?

9. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

You did have the chip installed on the xbox that you put slayers into. If you didnt then this is the reason why it says that.

BTW are you certain that your unmoded xbox is a v1.0. Make sure 100% that it is as you could have soldered in the wrong place thinking it is a v1.0 and it might not be.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox v1.0, X-ecuter2 lite,EVO-X DASHBOARD,
    ps2 v4, magic 3.1

BARTON 3200+,wInDoWs XP(sp1),
    asus A7V600-X ,120GB HDD,
    256DDR ,pioneer 106D,16x dvd,
    Radeon 9600xt.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  10. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

Ok I got the chip to work in my new xbox. The only reason why i got it to work is that i took my hard drive with th games on it and put it into my new xbox abd it worked. i can't get a disc to work to install a new 100gb harddrive. everytime i make a disc it says xbox doesn't recognize this dvd. so is there a program out there that will allow me to install a new harddrive?

11. scottas

scottas Guest

Which type of dvd are you using + or - ? Most 1.0's won't read much besides dvd-r. I've never gotten one to read a dvd-/+rw.

12. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

I'm using dvd +rw, and I'm using cd-r disc also and it's not working. Well I take that back one time i left the disc in the xbox for 5 minutes and it finally read the disc and it loaded the evox disc but i never could get it to read that disc again and that disc was a cd-r. Well all i need now is a program that can copy my 40 gig hd to my 100 gig hd and i'll be ok. Do you know of a place? The chip works fine now and the hard dive i have in my new xbox is the same hard drive i had in my old xbox but i want to upgrade from a 40gig to a 100gig.

13. scottas

scottas Guest

Use flash ftp to copy the contents of the 40 to your pc, install the new hdd then ftp the games back to it.

14. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

i copied the contents if the 40 gig to my pc with flash ftp. when i installed the new hard drive i get error code 13 which means ....Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed. It's a new hard drive with no format. i can't make a cd to format the new hard drive. the dvd won't recognize the dvd or cd-r i made.

15. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Do backed-up games work ok?
    If they do then you might be burning slayers wrong. This may be why your xbox isnt reading it.

16. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

yes they do work. i think my problem is that i don't have slayers program. where can i get it?

17. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

i've been at this for over a week. can someone please help me find slayers auto installer. i have seen that torrent is where i can find it but they want to charge for the program. i need your help people.

18. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

In google type: slayers auto installer, then go down to the 4th website. Register on this site then go to downloads and download slayers.
    Make it into an iso using craxion or similar then burn it to dvd-r. Put it in, then if you want to install your big hdd correctly go on rebuilt larger hard drive let it do what it does and then copy the contents of the disc to your xbox hdd.

19. ckinc90

ckinc90 Regular member

i went to the site and when i tried to download all 22 parts this is what i got on most of the files to download.....The Site you are looking for "http://uk.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/xb0x_2k001/vwp2?.tok=bciNC4SBLYgPFymj" is not available.

also when i went to that site and registered and search for slayers it took me to another site. do you have any more sites ot get it?

20. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

If you know how to use irc then you can get it on xbins. Use darthnips guide if you dont know hot to use it.