1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot hook up dvd player correctly

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by celicance, Aug 22, 2004.

1. celicance

celicance Member

hello,
    i recently bought a sony wega hdtv. i bought some monster3 video cables. i hooked them up from the back of the dvd player to the back of the tv as shown in the tv help guide. when i play a dvd, however, the picture comes out fuzzy and with a red/pink tint. please tell me how to fix this? thanks

2. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

It's possible you have the component video cable hooked up wrong. Just so I cover all bases component video 3 at best buy is about 90 bucks. the 3 colors are red green and blue. also on each cable it will read (individually) cb, cr, and y. some times the letters arent the same as what the colors show they are. so in short, try to match the colors if that doesnt work try to match up the letters. This is of course that you are using component video cable and not rca

3. sheldontv

sheldontv Guest

Have you checked what the dvd is set to as regards the cvbs that is being fed to your set???check it isnt set wrong -try setting it to cvbs only -it may be set for rgb op and your set isnt set up to display it-you need to see how the set wants the video signal fed to its inputs-get into your settings menu on the tv and the dvd and see what they are set to...
    regards mike