1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Mod version OLD xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Wylee, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Wylee

Wylee Guest

i got one of my frens xboxes to mod and its realy old. the original M$ dashboard dosent even hav the xbox live option. thats how old it is. When you softmod, everyone knows u need to make a backup of ur eeprom and ms. so when i try to make a backup of ms it says ther alreeady is one there. When i try to mod it says mod will not continue because you dont hav a ms backup. So im stuck as u can see. Im using S.I.D 5 i believe and i think the xbox is a version 1. Is it possible to take the files off of my hdd (which is sucsessfuly modded) and put them onto his hdd? incase that dont make sense, let me explain agen. 1. get an already softmodded xbox. 2. bring up the softmod menu (by using splinercell) on the non modded xbox. 3. take the required files off of the modded xbox's hdd and put on pc. 4. put the files taken frum the modded xbox onto the not modded one. will this work? i dont wanna screw up his xbox

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

just update the dash, you can do so by puting in an xbl enabled game.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

4. Wylee

Wylee Guest

alright thanks guys. and would this xbox be perfect for xbox linux? cuz i hav a version 6 box and linux wont work on mine