1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot play all dvds on stand alone toshiba sd-1600

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by monticus, Apr 16, 2005.

1. monticus

monticus Member

Hello,

I have been burning dvds from .avi and .mpg files for about two months now, with the aim of playing them on my toshiba sd-1600. Some of the dvds play fine, and others only display blocky in green and red. I have been using WinAVI to convert the files to dvd format, and have used Nero 6 and DVD-ClonerII with the same inconsistent results. ALL DVDs play fine on any pc, but some just will not in a standalone. My IDE channels are all set to DMA if available, and in Nero I tried using DVD-ROM (UDF) no multisession, UDF 1.02, and no luck. Also, it is not a function of whether the source was an mpg or avi, sometimes each works fine, and other times each does not.

I apologize if this is something that has been covered but I did not think that searching on 'blocky red green playback' would get me very far.

2. monticus

monticus Member

Forgot to add that I have been using Phillips and Memorex DVD-R throughout and the results have not been affected.