1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot play back DVD on limited user accnt....

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Hung2daNe, May 1, 2007.

1. Hung2daNe

Hung2daNe Member

First off I've been a big fan of this site for awhile now but this is the first time I've written in with an issue of my own.

After doing some searching on the net (and not having any success of finding people with the same issue) I've turned to all of you.

The issue:
    When I'm logged into my admin account I can play back DVD's all day long (mounted images, DVD folders, physical DVDs, etc), however when I'm logged into my wife's limited user account I constantly get the "sorry this program must shutdown" window. This happens in both WinDVD 6 and Windows Media Player 9 (the only programs I use to playback DVD's. This is where I leave it in your hands. I assume its a restriction issue, but just how I go about adjusting that could be where I'm in the dark. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you right click on the shortcut and select 'run as..' from the menu?

3. Hung2daNe

Hung2daNe Member

Thanks, I looked into the system options once I right clicked and did "run as..." It allowed me to use my Admin log in to run the prog, under. Works great. Thanks again!