1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot produce color on TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by cumbuckit, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cumbuckit

cumbuckit Member

hi guys, i'm sorry to bring such an old & boring qus up, but i couldn't find an answer to it..... hope someone can help

i use a fx5200 graphics card, running XP with nvidia program on..... have a multi (NTSC, PAL compatible) TV.....

i've figured out 1/2 the problem, i'm trying to connect my pc to a tv, everythings connected properly, i've even gotten to produce color BUT ONLY when i boot up and run windows in VGA mode when i press F8 (it gives crappy reso and color on my monitor though), whenever i try to use the "dualview" option, no color on tv but ok on monitor..... so how can i tell my video card to run VGA mode on the TV and SVGA on my monitor (it dosen't seem to have that option)? i've tried EVERYTHING in nvidia's nview settings, lowering reso, changing from 8bit to 32 bit, switching between NTSC/PAL........ but seems to nothing work, i've even tried the tvtool program...... can someone pls help, do i need a new video card to do this?

2. tulpen

tulpen Member

Hi, instead of providing a solution, i have a question for you. I am one step behind you.. I can get my PC desktop on TV, but not in color. Could you let me know how you gotten this far? maybe your steps would work fine for me to get everything right!!!
    -Danny