1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot uninstall ESET

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by smithkarl, Jan 22, 2007.

1. smithkarl

smithkarl Member

Hi,

This so called eset.com spyware solution gave me only trouble. Right clicking on certain icons I can still see: Scan with eset software

Even though I uninstalled it. The folder eset remained on my hardrive with just one file (nodshex.dll). I try to delete and receive error message saying:
    Cannot delete access is denied!

How do I remove it totally? Their support did not even reply. In control panel I cannot see it.

Thanks for helping me!
    Karl

2. onya

onya Guest

Here's a nifty little trick I just learned, Do a restart and press the delete button to access start in SAFE MODE Now that you know where the offending file(s) are located, delete them here. This should work as some processes and drivers are not active in this mode, therefore giving you access. Make a normal start afterwards, have a look see if the file(s) are still around.

Cheers.

3. smithkarl

smithkarl Member

Hi,

Ok, I shall try this trick, and post it if it works great. Maybe finally I remove the ESET! Been there for a looooong time.

Thanks,
    Karl