1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon Powershot A540 Question

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by elyssa271, Jul 12, 2007.

1. elyssa271

elyssa271 Member

I bought the Canon Powershot A540 for my mom who isn't very tech savvy, and I thought it would be a good point and shoot for her, but it's not...It's not even easy for me. I keep referring to the web to get questions answered b/c they're not in the manual. Not to mention the batteries die way too frequently. Only after a few days, even with the rechargeable batteries. My question though is this...

Is is possible to imprint the date on the pictures in AUTO mode, and if so, will they print the date when you take them to a photoshop???

It's so frustrating, I'm thinking about just returning it.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. Billmcma

Billmcma Member

I believe the date is imprinted within an "EXIF" file so it is stored as part of the picture. To get it to print on the photo I believe is set somewhere within one of the munus but sorry I can't tell you off hand.

Are you using new rechargeable batteries and a decent charger? When rechargeables have been used many times they no longer accept a full charge so replace them and charge them slowly, my charger needs about 2-3 hours to recharge 2 batteries.

Bill