1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon S820 Print Head

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by scuppers, Feb 5, 2005.

1. scuppers

scuppers Member

Lately my printer has been printing really wonky colours and someone told me to remove the print head and clean it. But unfortunately didn't say how. Has anyone had experience with this type of printer, and doing this operation. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have you tried using the head cleaning utility in the printer properties. If you remove the head you could damage it if you never did anything like that before. Canons are known for head problems. Thats why I now use Epson printers.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  3. scuppers

scuppers Member

Thanks Jerry. Have tried that, but to no avail. I had to install the print head when I got the printer, so shouldn't imagine it too hard to uninstall. When I first got it, the printer printed beautifully. Will try the deep cleaning thing again, and if no luck, will carefully remove head and see what happens from there. Dan

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

sit it upright on a somewhat damp paper towel in a plastic container to let grung soften up to be wiped away & to clear the jets

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I use to sit mine on papertowels soaked in 90% rubbing alcohol. But after a while the head would just be too plugged up and a replacement was needed. I had problems like that with 3 Canon printers. The Epson I'm using now seems to have better heads or a better self cleaning cycle. Haven't had to manually clean the head yet(knock on wood).

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005