1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canopus ProCoder 2 Issue

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by bluegrd, Sep 29, 2005.

1. bluegrd

bluegrd Member

2 hours ago I began to convert a Video_TS folder full of vob's from pal to ntsc. I selected all the vob files available in that folder (except for the Video_TS one) and set it for a 16:9 aspect ratio and ntsc standard 29.97 fps. It says it has 26 hours remaining.......I am sure this is not a reasonable time for a 2-3 hour long stream of video. Considering that about half the vob files are already made... I am confused. I am pretty sure its not a lack of processor power as 3.0E Pentium 4's do pretty well.

By the way, its going at .45 x Realtime speed.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well that is About the Speed you will get when setting it to "Mastering Quality" but at 0.45 speed it would take maybe 4 to 6 hours to encode your Movie as that is about half Real Time so it would Take twice as Long as your movie is Long to encode it to Mpeg when doing One Pass VBR or CBR so a 3 hour movie would Take at Most 6 hours at 0.45 speed.....

It might just be a Bug in the Software that is makeing show it is longer than it really is but as Long as the Movie is being encoded at 0.45 speed then it should be Finnished in about 6 hours....

Cheers

3. bluegrd

bluegrd Member

Nope it was trying to encode the movie 5 times, for some reason choosing one vob just covers the entire 2 hour length.