1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CANOPUS ProCoder ? HOW-TO?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by clickclak, Mar 28, 2005.

1. clickclak

clickclak Guest

Hi all... Somebody told me about a whopper of an encoder called Canopus ProCoder, and someone also told me it was like top-of-the-line .. well, I managed to get my hands on it, and was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to figuring out exactly how to use it in conjunction with all the other usual DVD ripping tools.. Also, is this better than CCE? Faster than CCE? Higher quality than CCE? All questions i'm interested in.. any knowledge is appreciated :]

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Great tool, easy to use interface. The best way to learn how to use it is just to...use it. It's all pretty user friendly. And yes it can be used with DVD-RB. As for it being better then CCE..well, in some ways, yes. It's a great all in one conversion tool with excellent quality. You can input almost any video file and output it ready to burn to dvd,svcd,vcd,etc. Just mess around with it. http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=24
    Theres the right direction, you'll need to point EclPro to your Procoder.exe. Then point DVD-RB to EclPRO.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  3. clickclak

clickclak Guest

thanks for the response, i'll try it in conjunction with dvd-rb

4. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I tried canopusbut found it to be really slow, like 9 hours slow.
    I consider myself to be apatient person but nine hours in a long time for anyone to wait.

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Wow, i've never had it go THAT slow. I'd be annoyed too. It's speeds are relevent to your computers speed. While it's running it takes up all of your processors power basically. I've seen it go slow on some things and on others ive seen it encode at 2x realtime. I don't really use it for DVD-MB myself, i use it to convert other types of video (avi,mpeg, anything), into DVD's, VCD's all kinds of output formats. It's pretty sweet actually. And simple to use.

6. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Well, i dont really know why it was going so slow.

It cant be down to the system but anyway I have found a few other progs out there that can do the same thing so I will give them a go.

7. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Yeah, sometimes it's just the video itself that takes a while.