1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't access dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by jkm77, Jul 18, 2004.

1. jkm77

jkm77 Member

Strange problem here. I had my xbox modded by software only, no chip. It has the evox dashboard. Everything was working great. To get to the dashboard I had to go through the menus and copy a soundtrack. One day I turned it on and the soundtrack to get into the dashboard was missing. I hadn't gone on the internet or xbox live with the system as I did once before and the system got zapped so I'm not sure what happened. Is there anyway I can get back to the dashboard with a boot disc and if so where would I get the files to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

apparently with evox u cant go on xbox live and i had the same problem i couldnt acces ms dashboard so i took it back to the guy who installed it for me and he fixed it so take it back to where u installed evox from and the guy should fix it 4 u

3. jkm77

jkm77 Member

I would take it back but the guy who did it now lives across the country from me.

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If you're gonna mod your Xbox, put a little money in and install a chip. It's the sure fire way and saves you a lot of trouble. The software modding was never 100% guaranteed to work all the time. I think what the guy did by using the TSOP flashing method.

http://www.maxconsole.com/content_dwnl/280903154010Modding an Unopened Xbox.pdf

I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. So you're pretty much back to square one. Just save up a little money and invest in a chip (Aladdin, Xecuter, Xenium, SmartXX) next time. Good luck.

5. jkm77

jkm77 Member

Ok thanks for the help.