1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant back up anything now, please help

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by speakslow, Mar 7, 2006.

1. speakslow

speakslow Member

How do I find out what size hard drive? I've been trying and can't locate that information.

2. speakslow

speakslow Member

Apparently I have 16GB free space and 37.2 GB total size.

When I clicked on my D drive though, it showed the little pie chart of available and used space...it was FULL. Why on earth would it say that?

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Do you have 2 hard drives, C and D or only D:

And you DIDNT update your Nero as advised.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  4. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Hi
    Your HDD is full for sure... Delete the dead wood and defrag.
    That would be just under 50% free... Enough for a good burn...
    It's full alright...

But have you got 16 Gb free or have you got [bold]nothing[/bold] free?
    Your answers are very vague and confusing... To be able to help you you need to be a bit more precise than that... Also if you bring us a full log we'll be able to see a lot more potencial problems you might have...

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@permiggs, thats the best he can offer in the log dept as thats as far as Nero went.
    I think he may have 2 hard drives and 1 is full, just waiting for him to confirm my previous post. Cheers

6. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

It's a shame isn't it? It would be a lot easier for us...
    Anyway, your Nero software failed to install properly or was corrupted by the installation of another software...
    Download a copy of Nero from their site. (6 or 7, Gwen likes ver. 7 i still prefer ver. 6...)Don't use your installation CD.
    If you download ver 6, then get the 6.6.0.18 update.
    If you go for ver 7, get the 7.0.8.2.
    I think Gwen already supllied you with the links for those...
    Good luck ;)

[edit] wrong ver no. lol

7. speakslow

speakslow Member

How do I get you a full log?
    I'm not trying to be evasive, I'm just lost.
    When I go to start..my computer...cdrive and right click it says half full. I have a cdrom drive (d) and when I right click it, it says FULL. When I go to the burner drive (E) and right click it also says full. I hope this helps somehow.

My dh says he updated the nero and it didn't help so he took it out. I don't know why he took it out. I really want to fix this and he doesn't have the time. I'd like to fix it for him.

8. speakslow

speakslow Member

Okay, I deleted and installed 6.6.0.18 as instructed. Now how do I use it? I have a movie saved to my pc. Or I can copy the dvd directly, but so far I can't figure out how to do either.

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

OK now what you might like to do is check out the guide in my sig, its the Nero guide by alkohol, open that and see how it works.
    Even though he uses Nero7 you can still achieve the same result using Nero6. See how you go and if it doesnt work out let us know, let us know either way.

Heres the link
    Nero guide by alkohol
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

10. speakslow

speakslow Member

I can't find that first block with the option for 'nero vision' as shown in your link. I found nero express but no nero vision that I can find anywhere. I started writing down the steps but when i saw how in depth it was, I decided to follow you step by step, back and forth. So, I got lost on step one. WIll go look more till you write back and let me know where 'nero vision' step is.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!
    Sheri

11. speakslow

speakslow Member

I did try it a slightly different way and when it got to 'burn' the tray for the blank dvd kept opening...closing...opening...closing and asking for a blank dvd. It had done that before too :( I'm using Maxell blanks, also have Imation?

12. speakslow

speakslow Member

I'D LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY! I MEAN...you guys! I mean, totally, from the bottom of my heart. My dh is going to be thrilled. I got it to work. I am probably going around this the LONG way, but I used DVDFab to do the first part (analyze, encode?) then used DVDSHRINK to bring it up, name it (back up again really I guess) then used your new / old NERO to copy it. I ABOUT FAINTED when it worked. I guess I could skip FAB but it seems so much faster than shrink??
    Either way, I thank you guys. For not pointing out what a DOLT I am with this stuff. I already know that. Sometimes when folks need help (not on this forum, of course) those that know everything frown on helping the helpless. Not you guys!! THANKS SO MUCH GWENDOLYN AND MIGGS...I can cook, I would totally make you a lasagne or some cookies. :::tears up a little::::

13. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

See, this is why we like this site... It's these words that make us come back day after day... Thanks Sheri. <<hug heart>> <<tears droping>>
    Oh, and don't let us stop you cooking us a lasagne!! :p
    LOL

14. speakslow

speakslow Member

Hey! I will start cooking right away! Come on over! And seriously, I really am blessed to have found you two. Keep up the great work you do, your time has been rewarded imo!

15. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You are the one who hung in there and persisted until you got it to work, well done and Happy Byrning.