1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't backup Blade Runner W / Narration

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Level15, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Level15

Level15 Member

Hey all, need help backing up Blade Runner, the 1982 version with the Harrison Ford Narration. It is part of the 25th anniversary collectors set. I tried ripping it with DVD-fab and DVD Shrink and each time the copy played it was missing the Narration track.

Does anyone know why that track would be missing when backing it up? I'm ripping the movie only and left all the audio and subpicture boxes checked. Is there a track or file that is hidden? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

use either then rip full dvd then try again once files are on hdd

what you using to play resulting main movie you selecting commentary audio track from menu bar

3. Level15

Level15 Member

I will give that a go when I get home tonight. rip full dvd to hdd and then re-rip the version I want to keep because their are 3 versions of the movie on one disc. I'll let you know and thanks for the tip.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Normally the extra titles of the same movie are nothing more than camera angles however it could be that the audio tracks are set for each individual title,so title 1 being main movie would be normal audio title 2 has narration etc ? or the extra titles are part 2&3

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  5. Level15

Level15 Member

Hi scorpNZ,

You were right, the narration was indeed on the 2nd audio track and all is right with the world again. Thanks for the help and quick response. AfterDawn never fails to deliver.

Thanks again

Peace