1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't boot in safe mode!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by MadDragon, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MadDragon

MadDragon Member

hi, i just finished installing zone alarm pro and i clicked finish and had the start zone alarm pro and then my pc reset! and now whenever i try to start my pc it resets just before going to desktop! :'( iv had a look online for how to boot in safe mode and for xp it sais to press f8 but when i press f8 it just gives me 3 options for how to boot ( boot from hdd, floppy or cd) any ideas how i can boot in safe mode?

2. MadDragon

MadDragon Member

false alarm, after about the 5th try it let me boot in safe mode and now its sorted =D still i dunno why it kept resetting when i installed zone alarm, it has installed fine on my laptop o.0

3. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

That's a boot menu, not correct menu :)

Try this alternative from here ->
    http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

To use the System Configuration Utility method

* Close all open programs.
    * Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK
    * The System Configuration Utility appears, On the BOOT.INI tab, Check the "/SAFEBOOT" option, and then click OK and Restart your computer when prompted.
    * The computer restarts in Safe mode.
    * Perform the troubleshooting steps for which you are using Safe Mode.
    When you are finished with troubleshooting in Safe mode, open MSCONFIG again, on the BOOT.INI tab, uncheck "/SAFEBOOT" and click OK to restart your computer