1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant browse afterdawn site , help please

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by eagleone, May 2, 2004.

1. eagleone

eagleone Guest

just in the last two days every time i access this site i get the following viruses pop up. Trojan horse downloader.small 5.1 - XDLD93.EXE - XWXLOAD.EXE -Virus Dropper Inor(OType(2).exe.It seems it happens when i visit dvd sites solely dedicated to Dvd stuff. I say this cause when visiting many other sites not connected to anything about DVDs no viruses.My anti virus program gets rid of them and my system is clean but as soon i return to this site it happens again. I also get the following message when i get rid of the viruses --- Internet Explorer Script Error has occured in the script on this page : Line104 Char1 error: Permissiondenied Code :0

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page yesorno I know this is not Dvd related stuff but being a new member to this great site which has helped me greatly over the last few weeks i would like to continue to do so if i can figure out why this is happening so please anybody can help with any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You do have a Trojan horse and a problem.

What Anti-virus program are you using?
    Is that program and it's definitions up to date?
    If not update it.

You may have to turn off System Restore to eliminate the trojan completely.
    Delete files from Temp and Temporary Internet files folders.
    Search for Files or Folders.
    Temp
    Delete any files you can in these folders.

Search for Files or Folders.
    XDLD93.EXE
    XWXLOAD.EXE
    Virus Dropper Inor(OType(2).exe
    delete these files if found.

Reboot your computer and run your Anti-virus.

Download Ad-aware and run.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Download Spybot-S&D and run.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

Hopefully doing all that will help you out. Good luck.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You have a very persistent trojan called "Trojan horse Downloader.Small.5.1"
    ----------------------------

Your ONLY solution is as follows :-

Goto -->http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913
    There scroll and do as it is explained -- HijackThis *

That is download it -- Run it -- and post on there site for a quick reply for what you must remove.

HijackThis is a powerful tool -- that will scan your PC and make a list of all that is running. -- the trojan files , often disguised , will show up.

Ad-Aware and Spybot-S&D are excellent -- but are ineffective against those Hijacking Trojans.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004