1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn downloaded avi files on nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Su6armui, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Su6armui

Su6armui Guest

I downloaded some anime files and some of them I can successfully burn on nero but some files wont even let me burn. Whenever I press the write button nero shuts down on me. What should I do? I know it is the file that is causing the problem. How can I solve this?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I assume you're using CD-ROM (ISO) (and not 'VideoCD').

If CD-ROM(ISO) gives trouble, try running scandisk. Maybe there is a HD error.

If it's VideoCD you're using, you are doing all wrong... explain yourself better

Last edited: Apr 19, 2003
  3. Su6armui

Su6armui Guest

I did use "VideoCD" to burn it and some files I downloaded off of kazaa works but certain files cannot be burned on VCD. However, when I tried to send the same file to my friend, he can successfully burn the same file on VCD on nero. It is very awkward. I can burn other avi anime files successfully but certain ones I cant. But my friend uses the same program and version of nero and can burn the files I cannot burn. What can be wrong?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is not the Video VCD forum but I'll answer you, this time:

a) using Nero to convert AVI to MPEG format (VCD) is a bad thing, because its routines are buggy
    b) to convert the AVI file you might need a Codec you don't have installed on your PC
    c) to create a VCD [bold]use TMPGEnc to encode the .AVI into a VCD-compliant .MPEG file[/bold] and [bold]use Nero to burn the .MPEG file into a VCD [/bold].

No more questions on VCD here, please.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003