1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by craner, Dec 22, 2004.

1. craner

craner Member

hello, need help my new pc with nero will not burn a dvd, it says it is protected, what to do?

2. colw

colw Active member

A bit of homework and reading would help.

To be able to copy commercial DVD's you need to remove the CSS protection.

Programs such as DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter will do this for you. These are both free programs and can be download along with guides as to how to use them from this site.

Move you mouse pointer to top of page find Software or Guides button, click, explore, read.

3. craner

craner Member

thanks for the advice, i am a newbie and thought that was the area i was in, but either way i thank thee for the effort and the sarcasm is greatly excepted as well.

4. craner

craner Member

ok newbie again, i ripped the dvd now when i try to use the shrink i cant find it in the 'open files dropdown', but when i open my computer and look under 'c drive', it is there, i have searched guides and cant find a troubleshoot for this. please help as santa can still change his list. peace

5. marv1216

marv1216 Member

DVD Shrink is a stand alone program. Insert dvd, select drive and Shrink will decode Movie for you. View files to right. Check or uncheck any unwanted language and audio versions to lessen compression. Now burn your dvd with Shrink.

6. jer2911tx

jer2911tx Guest

newbie here, too
    i did read scuba pete's guide....
    if i use shrink first, will that automatically run encrypter after it finishes?

i just tried my first one, before i found this site.....
    didn't use shrink....just decrypter....saved the movie to my c drive, and now i can't shrink the file on my c drive....trying to save what's on the c drive to a dvd, and of course the file is too large for one dvd....can i copy what doesn't fit onto a second dvd?

thx

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Marv,"now burn your dvd with shrink", shrink has no burn engine. Nero,dvd decrypter,and dvdtocopy will burn. Dvd shrink can use any of these 3 burning programs.Nero and shrink is all I use. Decrypter is for the problematic dvd's as it is a more powerful ripper.

8. marv1216

marv1216 Member

You are right. I am so use to to useing the backup tab taht I forgot that this program works great with Nero.