1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant burn wmv to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mistajon, Apr 24, 2005.

1. mistajon

mistajon Member

Hi all,

I need some help. I have tried using Nerovision to burn a .wmv to DVD. It burnt okay but there seems to be an audio sync problem its slightly out of sync in audio.

I have also tried using DVDSanta which burnt the wmv file ok to DVD however while playing the dvd in the dvd player it stops half way through the dvd. I have also tried WinAVI to convert this to dvd format or .avi but it stops half way. I have also tried ULead DVD Movie Factory 3 SE but it stops half way through encoding as well.
    What can I do to burn this .wmv to dvd ?

I have a pioneer dvr107d so there shouldnt be any problems with the actual burning... just the encoding from .wmv format I guess?
    The .wmv file is about 355 mb
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Jon

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

All the applications I use to extract the sound froma video cannot load WMV files. Therefore:

1 - convert that WMV file to MPEG-1 with TMPGenc (you can choose, i TMPGenc, motion search precision = very fast, if you'll need that MPG only for the audio stream).
    2 - if the MPG has the sound stream in-sync, or out-of-sync with the video of a costant amount (e.g. +-300 ms) , just extract the sound as WAV with VirtualDubMod (Stream __ Stream List ___ Save WAV) or VirtualDub (Audio___Full processing mode ; File___Save WAV). The resulting WAV can be delayed (if the sound is 'before' the video) or cut (if the sound is 'beyond' the video). To modify that WAV, use Exact Audio Copy , File__Process WAV___to cut / insert silences.
    3 - use that WAV to make the DVD movie (but it's a loss of time. a 300 MB movie will have the same quality of a MPEG-1 VCD movie, not of a DVD. Use the KVCD templates ( http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_iew.cfm/124272 ), to make the full movie fit on a single CD-R).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005