1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant burn xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by snyper420, Sep 18, 2004.

1. snyper420

snyper420 Member

I have a sony dru 530a dvd writer,and have wasted countless dvd's trying every different way I can find on the net to burn xbox games with no luck using both dvd+r and dvd-r's, any suggestions?

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

ahhh, your not trying to burn them from the xbox disk directly are you???

Give more info if you want help, perhaps a step by step run down of how your doing it.

3. snyper420

snyper420 Member

Ive tried ripping the game to the xbox harddrive, then transfering via ftp to my pc and also tried ripping it right from the dvd to my pc's harddrive via ftp,once on my pc's HD ive tried using a variety of programs from different tutorials like gdfimage,craxtion,xiso, alcohol120,sonic,Qwix101,nero6, the end result is a unreadable disk in the xbox, im missing something and im stumped, i have used burnt games in my xbox from a friend and it works ,I just cant figure out what im doing or not doing wrong.

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

If the EXACT same game works in your friends xbox, then it is a good chance that it is a media compatability issue with the drive you are using.

Just to be sure though, connect to the xbox through flash fxp, have disk in drive, open d: and transfer directly to a folder of your choice, open craxtion, patch all .xbe files, create iso, when it is complete burn it as an image.

Craxtion can do all the above steps apart from burning it automatically through disk copy wizard or something by that name. Just set up the connection the same way you did with fxp.

Open nero, choose open, choose all image files, choose your iso, DONT change any other settings and burn it.

or with record now max, choose image, choose your iso, chioose 2048 dvd, choose dao closed, and burn.

Let me know how it goes.

If it still dioesnt work buy a different brand of dvd

5. snyper420

snyper420 Member

Much appretiated man , ill let you know how that goes.

6. snyper420

snyper420 Member

Thanks alot clarky, your awesome,burnt 5 successful xbox games today... im in your debt, I was ready to smash my burner to tiny bits.

7. clarky

clarky Regular member

No worries, glad i could help.