1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't click the burn button on nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jlee90, Jun 24, 2005.

1. jlee90

jlee90 Member

Before i got alcohol 120 i burned dvds just fine but after i started installing and playing games i can't click the burn button when i burn a dvd! What's happening? Did my laser die on me or can i do something about it?

2. duketown

duketown Guest

Uninstall Alcohol 120% and see if that button start working again for you. Don't assume it is your hardware untill you checked out the software. Uninstall Alcohol 120% and just use Nero. That's a better program in my opinion anyway, why did you want Alcohol in the first place if you had Nero?

3. B2D327

B2D327 Regular member

I've been running both on the same pc for years and I would say they both servr their purposes well.
    @jlee90- are you checking to see that the proper drive is your target for burning? Alcohol installs a virtual drive by default and it may be what Nero is seeing as not having a blank disc inserted.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i think i had this in an old version of nero? i think you need to highlight the folder video ts then it lights up the button?

or at the start the target drive is wrong one? do you have more than one drive? i have 3 so have to choose it!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  5. Towney

Towney Member

Same problem with Nero not seeing my blank media..
    On the advise of a friend I did install Alcohol 120 and am have the same proble when using de-crypt, shrink and nero. It hang up in Nero telling me to insert a blank media/dvd. It is not recognizing the blank dvd I have in. What do I need to do to get Nero to see my blank dvd and eliminate the Alcohol virtual drives. New to this so please walk me thru it.
    Using Windows XP HE SP2. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

HE ???

ok do you have the latest nero? does your drive have the latest firmware installed? its what i would check first...

7. Towney

Towney Member

Nero 6 Ulta 6.6.08
    How can I find latest version of my drive firmware?
    Thanks

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005