1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant copy a copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Martyzzz, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Hey Ya'll,

Ive been using dvd-shrink for all my backups for quite a while now > love the prg, it's great !
    Here's the problem, an original dvd is scratched so bad it wont play anymore but i have got a backup wich is flawless. I've burned the backup on a dvd-5 disc but i cant seem to copy the copy.
    It is a concert so i play the disc a lot but i dont want to lose it.

Here are the errors ;

-Nero says when i click disc copy that i should put in a medium with more space (both dvd'd are the same 4.7)

-Clone DVD says that it encounters a read error;
    error opening video files
    F:/video_ts
    F:/video_ts/video_ts.ifo:21:can't open file

I tried playing the concert for a couple of seconds but that doesnt seem to help.

I tried it with the same version of nero at my friend's place and there it copies the dvd with no problem, does anybody know why i cant copy my copy?

regards !

2. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

BTW it seems to work when using shrink again, but it takes for ages.
    Even when i select no compression ti just reencodes the movie and the quality drops.
    Why cant i just click copy and make an exact same copy of my dvd ?

:(

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Could be a difference in drives - his is able to read the disc a bit better than yours.

Your read errors could be attributable to corrupt files on your copy that, again, your buddies drive is able to handle better.

I'd suggest looking into one of those mechanical disc repair thingamabobs - my buddy has one that works quite well for all but the deepest scratches. Depending on how much they cost, it may pay for itself with a couple of saved discs.

Have you tried using DVD Decrypter in ISO mode to read/write the disc? It may be worth a shot.

Hope this helps :)

4. keetoon

keetoon Guest

Hi, Martyzzz

You can't just simply make a disc copy from your copied disc to another dvd-r/rw by Nero<disc copy>.

[quote} You should make a data copy from the VIDEO_TS of your copied disc and burn to a blank dvd-r. [/quote]

This should be solving your duplicating issue of your copied disc... :)

Old DvdShrinker_keetoon

5. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

keetoon......if the source disc is a back up copy.........then what makes you say you cant just use nero on disc copy to make another copy?????

6. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

i'll try to copy the video_ts folder first, if that doesnt work ill just have to buy a new dvddrive?

i tried like 6 of my dvd backups and none of them work with nero or clone. ive got an LG dvd-rom from december 2002 cant be that bad.
    the burner is just 1 month old and with that thing i also get errors when just trying to rip the backed up dvd to my harddrive (smartripper and dvd decrypter)

this is all so strange all

someone got any ideas?

7. mrman

mrman Regular member

try using alcohol 120% i have used this many times in making a copy of a backup when i have had the same problem.

8. michigan

michigan Guest

You could also try to uninstall Nero and then reinstall it. Dometime sNero flafes out and needs a refresh

9. michigan

michigan Guest

Wow! my keyboard needs to be cleaned talk about sticky keys

10. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Martyzzz,

Have you tried simply dragging and dropping the DVD files to a hard drive folder from explorer? Then re-burning them as a DVD video?

Matt

11. nocode

nocode Member

keetoon "You can't just simply make a disc copy from your copied disc to another dvd-r/rw by Nero<disc copy>.
    [quote} You should make a data copy from the VIDEO_TS of your copied disc and burn to a blank dvd-r. "

i always do, when someone wants a copy of a film i already have copied, i just do disc copy w/ nero and hey presto, 2 copies...

12. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Nocode,

It makes you look like your distributing your DVD collection to all of your friends.. You know thats a no no.. Check out the forum rules

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Matt

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  13. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

Cant see that being the case Matt me old mate....;)

nobody would be silly enough to state they give pirate copies of films away to anybody who wants them would they??????

I'm sure nocode has actually read the forum rules and doesn't condone piracy.......he'll be talking about wedding films and the like!!!!!!!!!!

but just in case you haven't nocode.......i think now would be the perfect time to forget the guides and read up on the rules

viper