1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy pictures off an application file on a CD

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by pjr6521, Nov 29, 2009.

1. pjr6521

pjr6521 Member

I have a CD with photo's of my son,s wedding on it made by a professional photographer. I can copy the program to my hard drive, but it will not let me copy any of the images, nor will it allow me to print screen to copy them. The type of file is an "application" which self executes itself. Is there any way or software to allow these images to be copied. Any help we be greatly received.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

they will be in some proprietary format no doubt .. only known to the application that made them (very likely just jpg but renamed something else)

Try browsing the disk and look for a heap of files all about the same size, or perhaps a zipped archive file you can copy and attempt to extract.. then attempt renaming the found files to some common picture format extensions and see what happens.

without actually having the disk in my hands to look at, or knowing the name of the application which made it theres nothing else to suggest