1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant copy the forggotten movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by edgardo, Jan 15, 2005.

1. edgardo

edgardo Member

cant copy forgotten using dvd shrink
    any help

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

When you say can't copy, what do you mean? Are you talking about shrink can't rip it or what? If that's the case rip it to your hard drive with decrypter and then open shrink and use the "open files" option browsing to your decrypter rip. Then use shrink normally as you would.

It would help if you gave a little more info as to what your problem is.:>)

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Kreskin is here... The default drive is C: and DVD Shrink sends the movie to it if you created a hard drive image. There shouldn't be many files as large as a movie. Most modern ones are over 4GB. If you didn't save the image to the hard drive, then Shrink didn't save it. The default setting is for Shrink to encode into a temporary file and then burn with the program you choose. The default is to burn with Nero, but it will burn automatically with DVD Decrypter or CopyToDVD if you select one of those.

If this isn't the right answer, I'll look in the mayonaise jar for another. Can't copy because you forgot how... http://www.dvdshrink.info The guides at this link will get you going.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Don't you just love all those answers without a real question?

5. 7diesel

7diesel Member

i cant copy with clone dvd and any dvd. any suggestions or has anyone done it with these programs

6. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

his main question is that The forgotten wont rip with Shrink, VobBlanker, or Decrypter<older version> but it took me a bit to fig it out but i got it to rip to the harddrive using decrypter i downloaded the newer version so to the question to all the fuss about this movie use the newest decrypter But only flaw to this is it has a 15 sec black screen before the movie start's <i only burnt the movie only> but im gonna go wacth the burnt copy now it works tho just havnt seen it yet haha

7. bs0425

bs0425 Member

I backed up my forgotten dvd using AnyDVD, then using dvd shrink (which also uses Nero). Worked Fine!
    I did have problems when I tried backing it up with dvd decrypter, dvdshrink and DVd x-copy. Only a combonation of AnyDVD, then DVDshrink worked!

b

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

bs0425 is correct. The new AnyDvd does work, you can also run it in the background and rip with Decrypter to your HD and then use any DVD backup app if you don't wish to burn on the fly.

When I don't have any editing or much compression to do, I use the on the fly method. However this movie has a lot of trailers/previews and a fair amt. of compression so I ripped it to the hard drive 1st and used Recode, then Shrink, then DvdCopy 3. All worked just fine.

You'll save wear and tear on your DVD-ROM and also have a better chance of a flawless, more consistant copy by ripping to the HD 1st, if you're doing a lot of editing/comression/advanced analysis with the movie.

9. kaybryant

kaybryant Guest

I also used DVD Region Free Trial, the newest version, it also runs in the background and worked perfectly. I am going to purchase the registered version now, I worked for two days on this until I found DVD Region Free CCS, I will try AnyDVD, I did find on DVD Region Free that my DVD shrink came up and found that it was not even encrypted and burned it just fine. I did not have to use DVD Decrypter or anything else, I am sure AnyDvd would have done the same thing. I looked at the vob files after I used DVD Decrypter, and there were some suspicous files, and when I Looked at VOB 3 1 , 4 2 under VOB Edit I could see the bad headers that are used in the copy protection on 31 and 4 2 was all junk. Those files were not there in the burned copy using DVD Region free. I really appreciate this forum helping me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I have used Dvd Region Free, Dvd43, and AnyDvd. If you're gonna spend the bucks, I'd recommend AnyDvd. It's a better app and is constantly being updated for new encryption methods. Some before the DVD even hits the market.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

VobBlanker did it's thing but DVD Shrink would not accept it.

The previous version of DVD Decrypter also had problems.

To burn The Forgotten you need to first use the latest version of DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0., it will automatically use dummy sectors when needed. Then use the latest version of DVD Shrink which is 3.2 to actually burn the movie.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  12. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

For future reference, you can click on the little icon to the far right and it will allow you to edit your post :>)

Hmmm....I see you have found that out ;>)

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Well... I'd smack anybody silly that tried to put DVD43 on my PC. Suffice to say, it messed things up.

@kaybryant
    I've used both AnyDVD and Region Free and find both to be good programs. I prefer the AnyDVD. One big reason is that AnyDVD gets the updates done sooner. If you paid attention to the recent situation with the new Sony encryption, Region Free was one of the last to get their program updated to handle it. AnyDVD went into beta almost immediately and had a new version shortly after. AnyDVD was one of the first to get the problem solved, if not the first. So, I like the product that is updated the quickest and does the best job, AnyDVD.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I think it's the patin couffin(which Dvd43 uses) that does it. But yep, Dvd43 has been known to mess things up on some PCs. I can see people trying it for a free solution, but if you're gonna pay for it, then AnyDvd wins by far, hands down.

16. brobear

brobear Guest

I paid dearly when I tried the DVD43. I'd have paid good money not to have had the problems I came down with. But then that's my little horror story. Some people are pleased with DVD43. I'm curious as to how often they update the program so it'll work with newer encryption systems.