1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't correct screen size

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by bigtalker, Jun 16, 2010.

1. bigtalker

bigtalker Member

Hello!
    I have my home theater PC hooked up via HDMI to an ONKYO receiver. The receiver then outputs the image, through HDMI, to a Panasonic projector set to 110 in.
    My problem is that when I watch cable on the projector, the entire projector screen is filled with the image. When I use the PC, there is a 3-4 black margin around all four sides of the screen. It looks as if the image should be increased by about 5-10%.
    I know the problem has to be with the computer settings because the cable box image is fine and it is run through the same receiver and then through the same HDMI line to the projector.
    I have tried changing the display settings through the control panel and ATI Catalysts, but everything is set to the max 1900x1280.

My hardware is as follows:
    Windows 7
    Intel i7 CPU
    AsRock P55 Extreme MB
    4 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon 5700 HD graphics card
    For monitor it says it is using the "Generic PnP Monitor" driver.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I'm really puzzled by this one.

2. ld006

ld006 Member

I had the same problem, all you have to do is slide the "overscan" slider in the catalyst control panel all the way to 0%, that way it will take up the whole screen, i forgot where exactly that option is but it should be there somewhere if you look long enough