1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Decided Between The Cowon J3 & D3

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Nitro89, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Nitro89

Nitro89 Member

Basically, I am aspiring musician, I've got an ever growing collection of music, all my music on my PC is AAC-LA. I want a player with a large compacity, great quality sound and the ability to play a few videos every now and then, however I can't decide between the Cowon J3 and D3, I am leaning slightly towards the D3 as it has 160gb, but I read HDD players are less durable then flash and I can't tell how long it will last with me, I am constantly on the go, and the player will be dropped or knocked a few times but I always take great care with my stuff.

Someone who as either player, can you give me some feedback about either of them?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Why so big? Must you have all you music with you always? I have not seen a good way to retrieve a tune from a player with a massive holding. If you drop anything enough times and it is going to break. Yes flash player are definitely more long lasting than disked players. I would never get a disked player.

I read some reviews just for kicks. They were all written buy techo weenies that don't know jack. Even $10 Chipod was excellent fidelity. I am guessing Cowon is the first company that bundles decent ear buds with their product because every one raves about their quality. It has always sickened me that expensive plays come with such low fidelity pugs. I am talking a good pair of $5 bugs BLOW them away.

I am leery of anything made in China. Chipods have a terrible reputation. That does not mean that these aren't great.