1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't enter router setup

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by omfgwth, Oct 16, 2010.

1. omfgwth

omfgwth Member

hi,

i need to access my router's setup page. However, I'm having trouble accessing my
    router setup from my PC. On my PC I have full internet connection through the router, but i can't access the router setup. I also can't ping my router, even when ALL firewalls are disabled.

I know I have the correct IP address for the router; even when I use the cd provided with the router that has a one-click-to-setup option, it still will not connect.

The modem I’m using is an “efficient networks speedstream 5100 ethernet ADSL modem", and the router is a "Jensen Scandinavia AirLink 89300 Long range extreme n".

any help is appreciated,

cheers

2. attar

attar Senior member

You enter the default gateway into the location bar of IE and nothing happens?

[​IMG]

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you connected to the router via wireless or wire?

4. omfgwth

omfgwth Member

thanks for your replies guys.

i'm connected via wireless.

I've tried entering the default gateway into the location bar of IE, and nothing happens. The funny thing is, the default gateway doesn't match the IP address of the router, as i've read it should. And i've also tried entering the router IP address, with the same result.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  5. ddp

have to be connected to the router thru ethernet cable to do any changes or even to get into the router setup. the manual if you have it tho doubt it states that you have to be wired to router.

6. omfgwth

omfgwth Member

sorry, i'm half-asleep and i forgot to mention that i've actually tried through a wired connection and a wireless.
    There is a PC (which i used to try to enter the setup from) and a fax machine connected by ethernet cable to the router.
    There are 1-2 laptops connected via wireless connection to the router (i used one of these to try to enter the setup from)

7. ddp

can be a pc or laptop but has to be wired to router to access router setup. type in the number attar circled in red in your browser address bar. read your manual 1st tho as might need a password for accessing router setup.

8. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Google sez Jensen Scandinavia AirLink 89300 Long range extreme n default password = Default IP address is 192.168.1.1, username is admin and password is admin.

That ip should be the same as your gateway...perhaps you need to do a hard reset?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  9. omfgwth

omfgwth Member

yeah, i called the company and found out i needed a hard-reset -> the router was acting as an access point and not a router. Now I have successfully entered the setup :)

thanks

10. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

You are welcome! Feel free to report any other questions or issues about your setup.