1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Can't extract .rar's from PC Game torrent downloads***

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by BiGgRiE, Jul 14, 2006.

1. BiGgRiE

BiGgRiE Guest

When I download a large game torrent ie; 1.5GB or larger I can't extract the files in the rar file when I use win rar it says it's corupted when i use Izarc it will start show the image file being extracted, then when the extraction gets to 100% the image file disappears with out an error message. I recently downloaded a smaller game that was about 950MB and that downloaded and insatalled fine. the only difference is that that torrent was for a folder with image files in it from which I could just mount them and install, no extraction needed.

Can n e one help me?! i have no idea what is going on my drives pass disk check with no errors, and i'm using the same HDD and program on all downloads.

Azureus is the program.

Thanx in advance guys,

~~RiE~~

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

fiend is right besides your problem has nothing to do with piracy so you could rephrase it.It's the way you ask it you know?In short the rar file in corrupted and no good.It won't work it happens when the file is compressed wrong,the file source is wrong or not complete,the original file was corrupted...etc.

This has nothing to do with the game it can happen to any rar file.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  4. iownnoobs

iownnoobs Member

Also, try using Filzip to extract it. Or 7-Zip. For some reason it actually works with these programs. I used to use winRar, but sometimes i would get the same message, and not only with big files, I'd get it with normal files. But its worth a try, instead of download those huge games for nothing.

5. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

I use EXTRACTnow-------->it's free and very very easy to use.

"http://www.extractnow.com/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006