1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Figure Out Alcohol 120

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by spirittoo, Nov 15, 2009.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I'm trying to back up a copy of the LOTR game ROTK ... I did a protection scan and it shows to be a safedisc 3.10 or 3.15 I didn't see that exactly in the datatype, safedisc was the closest setting ... I read in the threads on alcohol that it should be an ISO file ... so that's what I had it set on ...
    I've tried and made four costers so far trying to figure out how to burn this correctly ... could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong before I run out of disc?

2. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Isn't ther anyone that can help me with this?

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Still looking for help ... I went into option and told alcohol to ignore media type ... and I know that Lord of the Rings Return of the King is SafeDisc 3.10.020 ... I set the datatype at safedisc 2/3/4 and I have a read speed of 4X ... I have it to make an ISO file. When I tried to burn it on Nero the data verification fails ... when I try to use alcohol to burn I get this message ...
    "No RMPS info in the source, you are not able to make a copy using this datatype!" ... I have tried all the safedisc datatype shown, but it will not burn correctly. What is the problem ... why can't I make a copy?

4. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

I finally got a working copy of my game ... no thanks to alcohol ... or members of the forum ... in the wrong area perhaps? Anyway ... I downloaded a copy of Clone CD ... it works way better than Alcohol and is not nearly as complex ... only made on bad copy with clone ... while I made way too many with Alcohol and never got a working disc ... don't waste your time or cd's on alcohol ... get clone cd ... but you have to purchase a key because the program has to be loaded in order for the copy disc to work.